The responsible handling of data of patients, customers, employees and business partners is an important concern of the Arzt-Team Engiadina GmbH and its employees (hereinafter referred to as Arzt-Team). We continuously make adjustments to protect personal data even better.
In the following, we inform you about the purpose for which the Arzt-Team Engiadina GmbH collects, stores or forwards your personal data. In addition, we inform you about your rights, which you can exercise within the framework of data protection.
The responsible body for the processing of your personal data and in particular your health data is the Arzt-Team Engiadina GmbH. If you have any questions regarding data protection or if you wish to exercise your rights under data protection, please contact the practice staff, your physician directly or the management.
Collection and purpose of data processing
- The processing (collection, storage, use and retention) of your data is based on the business relationship with you, in particular the treatment contract and legal requirements for the fulfillment of the purpose of treatment and the associated obligations. On the one hand, data is collected by the attending physician in the course of your treatment. On the other hand, we also receive data from other health professionals with whom you have been or are currently receiving treatment, if you have given your consent for this. In your medical history, only data related to your medical treatment will be processed. The medical history includes the personal information provided on the patient form, such as personal details, contact details and insurance details, as well as, among other things, the educational interview conducted as part of the treatment, collected health data such as medical histories, diagnoses, therapy proposals and findings, as well as therapy progressions.
- Furthermore, the processing (collection, storage, use and retention) of your data is based on the use of our website.
- Collection of general data and information
Each time the website is called up, a series of general data and information is collected. This general data and information is stored in the server’s log files. The following data may be collected: (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system accesses our website (so-called referrer), (4) the sub-websites that are accessed via an accessing system on our website, (5) the date and time of access to the website, (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and (8) other similar data and information that serve to avert danger in the event of attacks on our IT infrastructure.
This data and information is needed to (1) display the content of our website correctly, (2) optimize the content of our website, (3) ensure the long-term functionality of our IT infrastructure and the technology of our website, and (4) provide the necessary information to law enforcement authorities in the event of a cyber attack.
Furthermore, the Arzt-Team Engiadina GmbH can evaluate this data and information statistically on the one hand and on the other hand with the aim of increasing the data protection and data security of its IT infrastructure. The collected data and information will be processed only for the purposes just mentioned and will be deleted afterwards.
This website may contain links to websites of other providers. The Arzt-Team Engiadina GmbH has no influence on these websites, their content, offers or availability or the data protection declarations and provisions applicable there. It therefore declines any liability.
- Cookies and other services
Such information about the use of this website (including your IP address) may, for example, in the case of Google Analytics, be transmitted to servers abroad and stored there. By using our website, you consent to the transfer of this data.
The Arzt-Team Engiadina GmbH can use further service offers of third party providers in order to integrate their contents and services such as videos or contributions into the website. A corresponding integration always requires that these third-party providers can collect and process the IP address and other information of the visitors to this website. By using our website, you agree to this.
- Social media / social networks
Buttons (“social media plugins”) may be placed on this website that establish contact with the servers of social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.). By clicking on one of these buttons, you give your consent for necessary data such as IP address, website visit, etc. to be transmitted to the respective operator of the social network.
Through our website can be set up the possibility to subscribe to a newsletter. Data that you provide to the Arzt-Team Engiadina GmbH in this context, in particular your e-mail address and your name, may be used for the regular dispatch of our newsletter. The dispatch is carried out either directly by the Arzt-Team Engiadina GmbH or by a company specialized for this purpose. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time (in each case via the link in the newsletter or on the website). You can also inform us of this by e-mail or via the contact details given in the imprint. The personal data remains with the Arzt-Team Engiadina GmbH and, if applicable, with the company commissioned to send the newsletter, as long as you have subscribed to the newsletter.
Our website contains certain information that allows for quick electronic contact as well as direct communication, which also includes a general e-mail address. If you contact us via the communication options offered on our website, your contact details and content will only be used to process and respond to your inquiry.
Please note: It cannot be guaranteed that your data will be transmitted confidentially. Therefore, no confidential data (medical concerns, etc.) should be transmitted during this contact.
Duration of storage
We only store personal data for as long as is necessary to process the business relationship, for as long as there is a legal obligation to retain and document the data, or for as long as we have an overriding private or public interest in doing so. Your medical records will be kept for 20 years after your last treatment. Thereafter, with your express consent, it will be further retained or securely deleted or destroyed.
Passing on the data
We only transfer your personal data and in particular your medical data to external third parties if this is permitted or required by law or if you have consented to the transfer of the data in the context of the business relationship and in particular your treatment.
- Disclosure to cantonal as well as national authorities (e.g. cantonal medical service, health departments, social insurances, tax authorities, etc.) is based on legal reporting obligations.
- The transfer to health insurance or to accident or disability insurance is made for the purpose of billing for the services provided to you. The type of data transmitted is based on the legal requirements.
- The transfer of necessary patient/customer/employee/business partner and billing data to the billing/payment/collection office is for the purpose of billing/payment/collection (billing to accounts receivable/payment to accounts payable/collection of monies due).
In individual therapeutic cases, depending on your treatment and your corresponding consent, medical data is transmitted to other authorized recipients (e.g. doctors, other therapists).
Revocation of your consent
If you have given your express consent for data processing, you may withdraw your consent in whole or in part at any time. The revocation or the wish to change a consent must be made in writing. As soon as we have received your written revocation and the processing cannot be based on any other legal basis than consent, the processing will be stopped. The legality of the data processing carried out until the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
Information, inspection and release
You have the right to obtain information about your personal data at any time. Specifically, you may review your medical records or request a copy. The issuance of the copy may be subject to a fee. Possible costs, which depend on the expenditure of the production of the copy, are communicated to you in advance.
Right to data transmission
You have the right to have data that we process automatically or digitally handed over to you or to a third party in a common, machine-readable format. This is especially true when sharing medical information with a health care professional of your choosing. If you request the direct transfer of the data to another controller, this will only be done insofar as it is technically feasible.
Correction of your data
If you find or believe that your data is incorrect or incomplete, you have the possibility to request a correction. If neither the correctness nor the incompleteness of your data can be established, you have the option of attaching a notice of dispute.
In all other respects, the Arzt-Team Engiadina GmbH disclaims any liability for the use of this website.
September 1, 2023